If you’re looking to spice up your cooking without the sting, consider making a plate of stuffed peppers. Stuffed peppers have been household classics for years due to the their complexity of tastes and simplicity.
One of the greatest things about stuffed peppers is that they combine the yummy, guilt-inducing flavors of cheese and ground beef (or veggie meat) with wholesome veggies that make you feel good inside and out.
This is perfect for date night when each of you want to look and feel your best. Below is my simple recipe that will get you cooking these peppers like a pro:
- 4 fresh bell peppers (try different colors for style)
- 1 Bag of Mexican cheese
- 1 1/2 cup rice (try Trader Joe’s frozen jasmine rice to save time)
- Your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 Tsp of red wine or cooking wine
- Sliced Mushrooms
- *Optional: Ground beef or veggie meat
- Cut top off peppers 1 inch from the stem and remove seeds
- Boil water, add peppers to boiling water for about 3 minutes
- Cook rice, or use Trader Joe’s frozen jasmine rice
- Add your favorite marinara sauce and a teaspoon of red wine (or cooking wine) to the rice
- Grill mushrooms
- Add the grilled mushrooms to the rice
- Add the filling you just made into the peppers
- *At this time, you may add in a layer of ground beef or veggie meat if you’d like
- Top the filling with a handful of mexican cheese, followed by a drizzle of marinara sauce
- Place the peppers in the oven without their top at 400 degrees for 30 minutes
Enjoy this article? Leave us a comment or like us on Facebook!